"As long as there is poverty in the world I can never be rich, even if I have a billion dollars. As long as diseases are rampant and millions of people in this world cannot expect to live more than twenty-eight or thirty years, I can never be totally healthy... I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the way our world is made. No individual or nation (or economic system, I would add) can stand out boasting of being independent. We are interdependent." -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Last day in the US
I leave Springfield in a few hours and fly out to Thailand at noon tomorrow! Spent the day wrapping up SEEDS work, doing final errands, and having a wonderful last skype with Grace and Jess. While I was planning on maybe making a longer post, the latest Project HOME newsletter has a quote from MLK that really sums up the feelings in my heart of hearts right now. So, parting words until my next update from Thailand:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have a safe trip.
ReplyDelete