Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rock climbing with Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures

On Friday, instead of class ISDSI took us up to the mountains outside Chiang Mai to the Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures (CMXRCA). In the morning we learned to repel, and then climbed inside a cave to do a zip line and repel down. The heights were a little unnerving at first, but once I got going it was beautiful. Being on the floor of the cave was amazing. There were spots where water was dripping down, and if you stood underneath you could see each individual water droplet like they were snowflakes. So cool! After lunch we went rock climbing (on the cliff face below), and the view from the top was spectacular. You could see for miles: all the fields, vegetation, and mountain peaks. It was only the second time I've rock climbed outside, but it actually wasn't that hard. And, just being outside and not in the classroom was a well-needed break!















1 comment:

  1. Alicia

    I have read the Top 10 and it speaks to me so powerfully. Your Thailand will stay with you all your life and your children will hear all the many ways you have forever been impacted as with my Thailand when there 1969-71.

    The rock climbing was a perfect compliment to everything else, huh?! I have never done it and there must be a great amount of trust in it. We are so enjoying your photos...........and blog...........please keep it coming ok

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete